For singer collaborations:
I am allowing you, the singer, to download my backing tracks, instrumentals, for the purposes of recording your own vocals. You grant me the authority to incorporate your vocal track into the New Recorded Master. I retain all copyrights to the New Recorded Master, as well as the underlying words and music. I am the Writer, Publisher, Producer, and TrackOwner.
If your submitted vocal tracks are acceptable, I will create a re-mix of the song using your singing instead of mine. The finished piece is considered a ‘demo’ and will be provided to you for the purposes of self-promotion.
I will grant you a license to use the demo on non-monetized channels that you control, including social media pages, Soundcloud, Electronic Press Kits (EPK), and YouTube. (If your YouTube channel is monetized my music publishing company will stake a copyright claim).
The demo will be posted on my Soundcloud account, and you can use the embed code from there to post it anywhere you want. The title will contain your artist name as a featured performer i.e. “Strip-mine (feat. Your Name)”.
If I decide that the new version is good enough to release for distribution and sale, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- I control the release to monetized digital, physical, and streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Prime Music, etc.
- You will receive a 50% split of any performance royalty generated from our collaborative version of the recording.
- You will not receive a split of the royalties owned by the Writers, Publishers, Producers, and TrackOwners.
- I will grant you a streaming license to distribute the song on platforms of your choice, using proper attribution.
- Songs will be credited as Eric Michael Jones, with you as the featured performer. Your official artist name will be used, so if you are registered with BMI, ASCAP, or other preforming rights organization make sure to use that exact artist name. If you have an artist account on Spotify or Apple Music the track will show up properly on your account and in search.
All other rights are reserved and negotiated separately. This includes but is not limited to synchronization, mechanical and compulsory licensing, physical records and CDs, printed lyrics.